Final month, we noticed the way forward for New York Metropolis native roadways. On Monday, we noticed that orgastic future recede just like the inexperienced gentle on the finish of Gatsby’s dock.
We’re speaking about Little West twelfth Avenue, which had been turned into a real neighborhood resource by the Meatpacking Enterprise Enchancment District (picture on the prime of this submit). However as soon as that demonstration mission ended, every part went again to regular, as this image exhibits:
Too dangerous demonstration initiatives can’t be everlasting.
In different information:
- Nice minds assume alike version: We wrote up the spike in highway deaths final week — and the Post adopted on Monday.
- A dashing police officer smashed his squad automotive right into a Bronx girl as he raced by a purple gentle on a 10-13 name, severely injuring her yesterday. The Daily News lined, however the Post had video.
- One more motorcyclist has been killed in what’s clearly the story of the 12 months: the massive improve in motorbike crashes. (NYDN)
- Gov. Cuomo threw one other hissy match at Mayor de Blasio, ordering extra fines for individuals not carrying masks within the subway (NYDN). Yeah, properly, let’s begin with the cops, who haven’t gotten written up but, the Post reported.
- Wait ’til they hear about vehicles! The Suffolk County legislature goes to carry a listening to at this time on a invoice that might criminalize “reckless biking.” (Long Island Streets)
- And, lastly, cheer up Pat Kiernan — the outdated expression: “A gaffe is while you inform the reality.” (NY Post)