We’ll maintain this brief as a result of our outdated man editor is ornery! In a 12 months that noticed him get COVID, then separate his shoulder in a crash with a cat, he now has an impacted molar that might be eliminated by
barbaric strategies fashionable dentistry subsequent week. So till then, anticipate us to maintain it brief, lest he bellow like an outdated man in a silent film (see picture above).
So right here’s the information:
- Bicycle supply employees — who ship items at low pay to far wealthier New Yorkers who then stand idly by whereas the NYPD harasses and tickets them — had the second protest in as many weeks, this time on the 72nd Road subway station on the Higher West Facet and in Metropolis Corridor Park on Thursday (NYDN, ILoveTheUpperWestSide). The protest was about that harassment, but additionally a sequence of thefts of their bikes. The group additionally protested on the twentieth Precinct station home final week. Guardian Angel founder Curtis Sliwa — with whom our editor has tangled on his radio present repeatedly — advised Streetsblog that he and his red-capped crime fighters might be out in drive on Friday to attempt to discover the perps.
- The household of the Bronx girl who was run down and killed by a rushing police officer plans to sue town for $20 million. (NYDN, NY Submit)
- Highway-raging cop Wayne Isaacs needs to be disciplined, says the CCRB. (NY Post)
- The mayor already mentioned he needs curbside eating to be a everlasting fixture of New York life, however the Council rubber-stamped it. (amNY)
- New York might be simply wonderful, says the Regional Plan Affiliation (nevertheless it received’t be computerized!). (Gothamist)
- It’s a excellent news/dangerous information factor: The excellent news is that the DOT will construct a protected bike lane on Brooklyn’s Parkside Avenue. The dangerous information? The 2-way lane is simply six toes extensive — WAAAAAY too slim for secure biking. Plus, the rendering that DOT gave the Brooklyn Paper is deceptive. Parkside consists of 1 very extensive journey lane in every route, plus a really extensive parking lane in every route. Extra space for cyclists may simply have been made.
- In case you missed it, the individuals who don’t have options to the subway are nonetheless utilizing the subway. (Politico)
- And at last, a reminder: The Transportation Options “Imaginative and prescient Zero Cities” convention begins on Monday, Oct. 19. To register, click here.